Medical Center of South Arkansas offers a range of services to evaluate, diagnose and treat nasal and sinus problems. Our ENT doctors have a broad range of experience to provide care for everything from nasal congestion and smell and taste disorders, to a deviated septum or broken nose. Our doctor often collaborates with specialists in allergy and immunology, neurology and other specialties to deliver care through services such as:
- Balloon dilation surgery
- Radiofrequency ablation for nasal and sinus congestion
- Sinus surgery
- Sleep medicine services to address snoring, sleep apnea and other disorders
- Turbinate surgery
Balloon Dilation Surgery
For patients suffering from the headaches, congestion, fatigue and other symptoms of sinusitis, balloon dilation surgery may be a minimally invasive option to alleviate symptoms. During the procedure, small, flexible devices are inserted into the nostrils to gently open blocked sinus openings — in many cases without tissue or bone removal. The procedure may offer patients several benefits, including:
- Reduced bleeding – Since often there is no need to remove tissue or bone, there is less bleeding and a reduced need for uncomfortable nasal packing.
- Quicker recovery – While recovery time varies for each individual, many people can return to normal activities within 24 hours.
- Does not limit other options – Balloon dilation surgery can be used with other medical therapies or sinus surgery techniques, and does not limit future treatment options for those with progressive disease.